Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Breakfast, anyone?

Just an FYI - Ma Nature is having a hot flash. 

That being said, I decided I wanted baked potatoes for dinner. 
{insert head banging against wall here}
I figured, since I need the oven on, why not bake a couple-a loaves?

The Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix 
3 eggs
1/3C vegetable oil or applesauce (interchangeable)
4 mashed bananas 
(they don't have to be over-ripe and actually have better flavor if they aren't)

Pre-heat the oven to 350* F

I use my KitchenAid Stand mixer and mash the bananas first. 
Add eggs and oil/applesauce to the bananas and mix well
Add cake mix and mix until completely blended

This is where I toss in more goods...
Drain and rinse (or rinse and drain) one small basket fresh blueberries
{you can use raspberries, blackberries, frozen berries - 
if using frozen you will need to bake longer}
I also sometimes {this time} add chocolate chips
Gently fold in berries and chocolate chips

This makes TWO loaves
Make sure you have your loaf pans ready
Split as evenly as you can between the two pans
Sprinkle 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top 
(if you are using them - completely optional)

Place in the oven and  bake for 30 to 35 minutes 
The toothpick test works for this recipe - I check at 30 minutes then go from there

Finished goods:



YUM! 

xoxo,
Jacqui




No comments:

Post a Comment