Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Muggy Ruggy Swap? #1

There were a few of us talkin bout doin a mug rug swap on #talknt - any takers leave a comment and we will get organized over the next week!

Now onto the good stuff!

A BIG Thank you to Chelsie of Sweet Baby Hiccups for thinking this up! YOU ROCK, sista!

As you all can see by the comments (THANK YOU!) there is real interest! WOOHOO for #talknt!

Details... Yes, unfortunately there are some details we need to attend to.

First off - this is an INTERNATIONAL swap. It is super exciting to get something in the mail from another country. I dont know bout the rest of you, but my mail man thinks Im crazy when I dance away from the mailbox. =) Maybe he is a little bit right...

Next - the deadline to enter the swap will be midnight Pacific Daylight Time on Friday April 29th.

This is a blind (HAHA! you cant see!) swap.

Lets keep the mug rugs to about a six by ten inch rectangle.

Please email me at muggyruggyswap at gmail dot com (I will send an email to those who have already commented!)

In the email please include the following:

  • Your name
  • Your mailing address
  • One (yes you have to choose one) thing that you HATE on your fabric
  • And please let me know if you really aren't okay with shipping internationally.
Your mug rugs will need to be in the mail on the way to thier new homes by Saturday May 14th. (It was going to be Friday the 13th, but I didnt want to scare you!)

Please feel free to include a little note about yourself, the address to your blog (if you have one), and your email address. Goodies are always welcome but are NOT mandatory.

Now. Here are a couple of links to tutorials that may help those who have never made a Mug Rug before:

Ryan Walsh of Im Just A Guy Who Quilts has two tutorials that will help for ideas. You can find them here and here.

Terri from Sew Fantastic has a cute idea here.

Florence over at Flossie Teacakes has a FANTASTIC binding tutorial that can easily be translated into mug rug size. You can find it here.

Please keep in mind that these are just ideas to be helpful. They are by no means directives to make your mug rug the same. If you 'google' mug rug tutorials you will find LOTS of great ideas and ways to make mug rugs.

Have fun and be creative!!

xo
Jacqueline & Chelsie

16 comments:

  1. sounds like fun! count me in and keep me posted! niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee, more fun things to do and see

    jeannegwin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you so rock ill need you to show me a little bit then im sure ill join :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! This will be SOOOO fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I do not have the time to do this. But yes, of course I will do it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, LOVE your website! I am in on the swap also. JustPlainLaine@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah shoot! I just realized that is NEXT week! I just can't squeeze it in that soon. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. missed #talknet that night, but so glad I found this...I'm in!!! This will be so much fun...will send an e-mail today. :)

    PS-there is also an easy tut on my blog... http://www.stitchingbystarlight.com/2011/04/reversible-mug-rug-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I'm Nichi from Italy. I have heard about your swap to Hilde from Germany. Can I be in even if I'm late?
    Thanks!
    nichi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what etiquette on this is, but I never received a rug from this swap.

    ReplyDelete